The Not-Practice Party


Sunday, Winter in Bellacorde (Sep 23)

Mariama: Eating with chopsticks is haaard!
Binti: And this food is so spicy!
Mariama: I want to win the Spice Challenge, don’t you?

Kenji: While waiting for the Local Wares Stall to open, I look around and locate four rock clusters in Bellacorde. I heard x marks the spot where a treasure chest spawns but I haven’t seen one yet! There are two on land and two across the water on those little islands.

Mariama: Today’s gonna be a busy day! First, I play preend in the treehouse, Binti and I do a “practice sleepover,” then I keep working on my Creative Genius aspiration. If I sleep in the treehouse early enough, I’ll be done before my first day of school!


Tae: This is just your practice sleepover, girls, so I’ll only invite the Thebe twins and Stella Rollins, okay?
Mariama: Sure, Papa! C’mon, let’s dance!



Mariama: Binti can complete the “Exchange a Friendship Bracelet” goal tomorrow, so I exchange mine with my bestie Coralie today.


Whoa! Before I know it, I’ve told all 3 stories from my sleeping bag. Maybe this won't be a practice party after all!

When we sit down to enjoy the Sugar-Free Carob Coconut Cake that Papa Tae made for us, our “practice slumber party” earns a gold medal.

Coralie: Wait, you’re ending the party? It’s not a real slumber party unless we, you know, sumber!
Mariama: I”m sorry! This was only ‘sposed to be a short practice party!

After everyone leaves and I’m done cleaning up, I do some stargazing.


It’s only 11 pm! I’ll have time to sleep for six hours in our treehouse and still go to my first day of school tomorrow on time! I feel bad now about sending Coralie, Tomas, and Stella home! Maybe Papa Tae can help me plan a fun, bigger party later this week?


Comments