More Wedding, then Binti & Mariama


Sunday, Fall in Bellacorde (Sep 18)


(Yesterday’s post was supposed to be one long wedding post but I feel asleep sitting at my lap. I hope dont mind my sharing the rest of the wedding party’s shots today. Today's post was plagued by crashing. 😭)

Amarachi: After we exchange vows, we cut our wedding cake and share a slice together.
Kenji: Hey, looks like your brother Obi (wearing light orange) met Phillip Devereaux!

Alej: Tae and I made a special spread for our guests. Going counter-clockwise from the left: Bolinhos de Bacalhau (Portuguese-style cod fritters for our Verdemar guests), Crab Linguine (a favorite dish in Bellacorde), and both Egusi and Kontomine Soups (both West African dishes for the Darongs).

Since Tae’s not in the wedding party, he’s supposed to “Call to Meal” everyone. Instead, he’s off to the side, eating leftover pumpkin pie from last week’s Harvestfest dinner. Sheesh!


Kenji: Our first dance!
Amarachi: Hey, there’s Phillip again! He must really like being in photos!

Kenji: Some serious geting down in our last dance.
4th row (very back): Grandma Brytani and Obi Darong
3rd row: Lola Park, my wife Amarachi, and Dante Monty
2nd row: Phillip Devereau (of course!), my mother-in-law Jawara. 
And you recognized me in the front, right?

We arrived at the venue at 11 am so, when it hits 9 pm, I’m about to end the wedding party. Amarachi changes into her casula cloths in anticipation. Then who should walk up, so very fashionably late but looking gorgeous in a sleek black dress but Carly Devereaux! I give her a big hug, then end our event.

(The next day)
Kenji: After asking Amarachi to have a science baby, I bring home our little girl. We name her Binti, after the eponymous Afrofuturistic trilogy Binty by Nigeran author Nnedi Okorafor. (IT’s a fantastic read, by the way!)
Alej: Sasuke, I’m so sorry but we’re sending you to stay with my parents in Oasis Springs for 12 days.
Sasuke: Did I do something wrong, Boss?
Alej: Not at all. We just need a household slot to have a science baby.
Sasuke: Sighs. See you on October 1st.
Tae: We name our little girl Mariama (MAH-ree-AH-ma), after Mariama Bâ (1929-81), a Senegalese writer and feminist made famous for her epistolary novel So Long a Letter about the hardships of polygyny. Sorry, that was a mouthful!
.

Tae: After a bottle, diaper change, and some cuddles, Kenji and I age up our daughters. We’ll share a close-up of Binti later but can I just say that I’m already head over heels in love with Mari!


Alej is a veteran parent, so our Mari is ready to age up to toddler in no time. Mari’s Angelic.


Amarachi joined our household with the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration but no Painting skill, so I look after their Binti while Kenji mentors his wife.
Oh Binti, you look adorable but your mother will surely give you a different everyday outfit! Binti’s a Charmer.


Kenji: Meanwhile, Amarachi discovers that she's a Perfectionist, just like me! She fits into our household so well!

Watcher: I really wanted to end this post with a collage of both toddlers, but my game kept crashing. Next time!

Watcher’s Notes:
*It’s hilarious how Phillip showed up in so many of the wedding screenshots, causing Carly’s absence to stand out. Sorry we ended the wedding just as you arrived, Carly. Everyone was getting sleepy.
*When Binti and Mariama aged up to infants, they both gained the four new Affinity traits: Mild Creativity, Mild Mild Mental, Mild Physical, and Mild Social. In the same four categories, the next generation gets Tier 2 Moderate affinity traits, and the generation after that earns the Tier 3 Strong affinity traits, with each generation gaining an increased skill gain boost.

Comments