Kenji Bleaches His Eyes

Monday, Spring in Moonwood Mill (Aug 2)

Tae: Listen, after talking with Alej about Greg, I’ve decided to confront him and make sure he stays away from our family. What are my chances of giving Greg a good beating, Lou?
Lou: A non-werewolf like you? No offense, but it’s highly unlikely. I wouldn’t…
Tae: Nothing you can say will change my mind! Somebody needs to stand up to that bully!


It seems to be going along well at first. Even though he’s really angry, Greg and I become good friends.
He even shares his most private secret: the tragic story of how he became cursed into the life of a feral werewolf, back when he’d been a spellcaster specializing in Untmaged Magic hundreds of years ago.


But then, I must have said the wrong thing because he attacked me. Luckily, I didn’t get bitten and contract werebies like Yuna. I get to thinking: Lou says a non-werewolk like me is “very unlikely” to defeat Gret. Does that mean I could do it if I become a werewolf? I need to ask around about the transformation process.


(At Grimtooth Bar}
Bartender Celeste: You’re looking pretty banged up. I bet you could use a stiff drink.
Tae: You're tightly plugged into the local grapevine, so maybe you can answer my question. After my daughter accidentally got werebies, she transformed into a werewolf 28 hours later. Is there a faster way?
Celeste: I’m no werewolf, but I hear that it’s faster to ask a werewolf for the Cursed Bite. I know Kristopher Volkov has the Cursebearer ability. If you know him, you could ask him for the Cursed Bite.


Lou: How did it go? You don’t even need any bandages.
Tae: I still got beat up. I was wondering if you have the Cursebear ability, Lou.
Lou: I do. I got it last week. I was hoping Yuna would want to become a werewolf so we could find out if we’re Fated Mates, but Greg bit her first. But why do you ask?
Tae: I need to teach Greg that he can’t get away with messing with my family. Lou, will you give me the Cursed Bite?


Lou (after rransforming): Don’t be afraid, Papa Tae. This will be over before you know it.


Lou: Well, you know the drill. Let’s go down to the containment room. Do you want me to bring Papa Alej?
Tae: Please. He already knows I wanted to ask you for the Cursed Bite.

Alej: I brought him some Fish Tacos. Is he going to be alright, Lou?
Lou: Don’t worry, Papa Alej. Yuna and I will stay right here and watch over him the whole time.


Tae: Well, dang! If I knew I’d be in here someday, I woulda added a nice stereo and a small table with a puzzle or something.



Thanks to Lou, I transform after only 8 hours since his Cursed Bite. When I come out of a 2-hour rampage, my first clear thought is about Alej. I bet his romantic satisfaction plunged during the 10 hours I spent in this containment room.


Kenji: I appreciate that Papa Tae became a werewolf in order to protect us from Greg and that my fathers have such a strong, loving relationship. But do they need to come to my fishing spot to rebuild their romantic satisfaction? I’m not scarred for life, but I’m going home now to bleach my eyes!


Comments