Fenrir and Brutus


Thursday, Summer in Moonwood Mill (Aug 19)


Tae (on his way the hospital): I”m gonna miss this Super Speed werewolf ability!




After a bounce, a cuddle, and a coo, our newborn is ready to age up to an infant. Oh, violet eyes!


Lou: I don't start work until tomorrow, so I’m trying to spend as much time as posible with the twins.

Tae: Alej was right. It’s wonderful to have another child to love. Boop! With one werwolf parent and one human parent, he has a 50/50 chance of being born as a human with the Dormal Wolf trait or a full werewolf like his niblings Gemini and Selene. 

Once our boy feels Loved and Well Cared For, he’s ready to blow out his candles. We named him Fenrir, after the giant wolf of Norse mythology. He looks so much like Alej! In case you’re curious, there’s a wolf on his Needs icon. No Dormalnt Wolf trait for Fenrir!

Tae: After all three toddlers get potty training, Yuna includes Fenrir to her reading group so I’m free to continue my search for Brutus. From left to right: Gemini, Yuna, Selene, and Fenrir.

Tae: Happy you got your fitth child?
Alej: I am! Happy you got your little black-haired werepup who looks like me but with your violet eyes?
Tae: I am! But…
Alej: Why not drink the Wolf-B-Gone cure? Lou's taken over the Collective. What are you waiting for?
Tae: I need to remain a werewolf until I find Brutus and leave the figurine for Greg


Alej: You mean, the Canine Familiar Figurine “Brutus”? I fished that up a few hours ago while you were busy with Fenrir.
Tae: You did?
Alej: Here, you can have it. But what do you need it for?
Watcher: Not sure why you had to leave the pier and exchange the gift in the lake, but okay.


Alej: Should I investigate the warning signs?
Tae: NO! Ignore the signs! I needed to stay a werewolf to fight Greg in case he came out again.
Alej: So why leave Greg the figurine?
Tae: When Greg and I were very briefly good friends, he shared some of his tragic past as a Mooncaster centuries ago. Brutus was his wolf familiar at that time.

Tae: I’m hoping that this Brutus figurine will serve as both a comforting reminder of his former familiar as well as an explicit warning to leave our family alone.
Thanks for finding Brutus for me, Alej. I’m ready to go home and leave the werewolf life behind now.


Alej (blows a kiss): Welcome back, Tae. I’ve missed you!

Watcher’s Notes:

*Reading to toddlers: I like to have parents do this when their kids are toddlers. It not only checks off the Family aspirations’ “Read to a Child for 2 Hours” goal, but also satisfies the childhood aspiration Whiz Kid’s “Read with an Adult for 2 Hours” goal, which will count when a toddler ages up and selects that aspiration.

*Fenrir: The monstrous wolf was born to the trickster deity Loki. Not saying Fenrir will inherit his mythological father’s mischievious ways, but who knows?

*Werewolf aspirations: Tae completed Werewolf Initiate, Emissary of the Collective, and Cure Seeker. Now, he can spend the rest of August with his family, raising the three werewpups.

Comments