Tenement Glow-Up: Phase 2

Saturday, Spring in Koh Sahpa (Jul 12)

Tae: Kenji and I are peacefully taking care of the sheep when I get a call from Unit 1’s Meekah Cragg. She frantically explains a ghost has shown up at Unit 1 and begs for help to make it go away. Of course, I leave for The Oasis immediately.


I spot the ghost out in front of the lot. When I confront the ghost, it makes some feeble excuses then vanishes. Resolving this maintenance event completes my first meilestone for 5-Star Property Owner, which means Operation Tenement Glow-Up can finally proceed to Phase 2!
But first I must rush home to prepare for Alej’s graduation ceremony!


Alej: The commemorative speech at the graduation ceremony almost put me to sleep.
*whispers: I only attended the ceremony to get my graduation portrait

Tae: It’s such a busy day! After the ceremony and lunch, Alej and I return to The Oasis to clean up the yard and mouseholes. We swap the mini-fridges with full-size fridges, enlarge each bathroom by one tile, replace one sleeping bag in each unit with a (cheap) bed, and add bathroom mirrors. They’re truly luxury hovels now!


I’ve been trying to talk to Unit 3’s Adam Souza about his No Trash Overload rule violation but he’s been avoiding me, so I’m forced to break into his unit.


Tae: Just as I thought! His unit’s filthy. I even spot a toxic mold pile on the floor near the washtub!
Alej: Shall I throw away those trash piles, Tae?
Tae: Please.



Meekah: Why is your husband uprooting our garden plants, Mr. Navarro?
Tae: Listen, y’all haven’t lifted a finger to look after these neglected plants. If I leave them  here, they could trigger a Garden Blight crisis.
Alej (to himself): Tae got that Haunting event so he no longer needs a Garden Blight event. He can’t just say that, though, so he’s gaslighting the nice lady instead.

Tae: I finally found you, Adam, so I can prosecute your §600 fine for violating the No Trash Overload rule.
Adam (Unit 3): *scoffs in Tae’s face, refusing to pay
Tae: Oh yeah? How about blackmail? Pay up or I’ll expose your “None of Your Biscuit” secret! Adam: You’d publicly reveal that I’m distantly related to the 37th Earl of Biscuit?
Tae: Who's laughing now?

Tae: And that’s not all. Your refusal to pay your fine gives me just cause to evict you with no  penalty whatsoever.
Adam: You wouldn’t!


Tae: I later spot Adam taking out his petty revenge on a blameless trashcan. Petty, Adam, petty!


Tae: Finally, I go home in time to leave with the family for Restaurante El Sombrero in CIudad Enamorada. Nothing beats a wholsecome family dinner after an honest day’s work!

Karmine: You’re on my mind a lot, Davi. Why haven’t you texted me?
Davi: I’ve been super busy with uni and helping Papa Tae with, uh, The Oasis. I wanted to ask you to Prom but I couldn’t cuz I graduated early. Sorry!
Tae (thinking): I’m cramping Davi’s style sitting here. I’m gonna go sit with my boo.



Kenji: Hey! Just cuz you're our parents, you can’t take off and leave us kids with the bill!
Davi: They just did, Kenji!





Comments