Restoring the Family Tree

Sunday, Spring in Koh Sahpa (Jul 26)

Yuna: Papa, what do you think about Lou, our dog walker?
Tae: He’s not only our dog walker, Yuna. He’s a talented young man who I offered to mentor.
Yuna: Oh, you think he’s got skillz?
Tae: I do! I want to help that boy become the best he can be!


Lou: About last night, I only wanted…I didn’t mean to...
Yuna: It’s okay, Lou. Nobody has to know except you and me. Malcolm understands he won't get way with saying anything.
Lou: You’re not disgusted that I’m a werewolf?
Yuna: I’ve known you’re a werewolf since May. You don’t disgust or scare me, Lou.


Yuna: So…if I’m yours, does that mean that you’re mine, too?
Lou: Um, yeah. Pretty sure that’s how it works. (Some days, I feel like I was born Yuna's...)
Yuna: Then, where do we go from here?
Lou: I want your father Tae to be okay with us dating. I just need a few days to figure out what to say. I can't blow it!


Alej: If only Tae had come with us tonight! We win all four Starlight Accolades! Yuna wins the Best Book award, Mama Brytani wins the “tight pants” fashion award, and both Xica and I win the Best Song award (tho my nomination was back in June).


(The next morning)
Tae: Our new-save migration not only caused a global friendship wipe but also completely destroyed our family tree. Watcher and I spent hours last night restoring it until not one step-relative is left. Hurray!
To celebrate, I host a Family Reunion gathering. Grandpa Shoji arrives first and immediately starts cleaning the counters where Alej and I spent all morning cooking.


Kenji: Have you thought about what I asked you last night, Zorro?
Zorro: 😻
Kenji: Is that a yes?


Yuna: I ask Great-Grandpa Shoji, Great-Grandma Jiwoo, and Kenji to play Don’t Wake the Llama.


Xica: Meanwhile, I play Simbles with Auntie Chiyo and Papa Alej's parents (Grandpa Carlos and Grandma Helena).

Jun: I’m getting older, Kenji, and want to pass down my expertise and experience as a ceramic artist. How would you like me to be your Pottery Mentor?
Kenji: Oh, Grandpa Jun! It would such an honor to be heir to your artistic legacy!
Jun: That's the spirit, Kenji! We can work in the open air! It will be fantastic!


Megumi: Thank you, Tae, for thinking of me when you restored your family tree.
Tae: Of course, Auntie Megumi! I'll never forget how you brought me and my parents together in February!
Megumi: Is it true that you’ll be celebrating four birthdays this Saturday. May I come over?


Brytani: Hey, sis! Long time, no see! How you been?
Megumi: Same ole, same ole. You?
Brytani: *brags about the clean sweep at Sunday’s Starlight Accolade ceremony
Megumi: Really? Alej, too?


Watcher: It’s so nice to have the entire family back together! Next step: a “friendsh8p tour” to visit the homes of all our besties.Where has the month gone?



Comments