Pier Pressure

Saturday, Spring in Koh Sahpa (Jul 25)

Tae: I invited you over to continue mentoring you in cooking, but you're too unfocused today.
Lou: I’m sorry, sir. I’ve got a lot on my mind these days.
Tae: Do you wanna talk about it, Lou?
Lou (to himself): As if…




Yuna: Xica gets the Prom prompt at 7 o’clock and chooses our travel group. Malcolm and Jae aren’t there at first, so we text our dates to come over. Malcolm arrives right away, looking like a whole meal in a maroon tux. We enjoy the usual friendly Prom Date stuff.


Lou (sighs): Xica dragged me along to Prom while I was visiting her father to plan our next mentoring sesh. I should just leave, but…


Xica (fuming): Yuna’s dancing with Malcolm, Davi’s dancing with Karmine, and Kenji’s dancing with Lola. Meanwhile, it’s 9 pm and Jae still hasn’t arrived. Good thing the new-save migration destroyed the friendship bracelet he gave me!


Malcolm: Of course, I’m voted as Prom Royalty! I’m the golden boy! A trust-fund heir! The heir to the Landgraab Dynasty!


Huh!?


Principal Prescott: Let’s give a round of applause for tonight’s Prom Court!
Xica: Yay, Kenji!


Xica: It’s bad enough you asked Yuna to Prom after you agreed to be my date. Then you don’t show  until 10 pm? I know we’re not romantic but we were besties and bracelet buds…
Jae: I’m so sorry, Xica! I don’t mean to hurt you. I’m just a victim of the game’s fickle notions of teen angst. Am I still your favorite? Huh?
Xica: Of course you are.


Yuna: A selfie with my Prom Date in his jester cap.


Xica: I get an After-Prom Party invite from Amarachi Darong (when did I even meet her?) and invite along the usual suspects.
Kenji: Should I be worried that Lola's flashing a woohoo thought at Malcolm?
Lou: *tries hard to look like he’s having a good time


Lou: Why is Yuna leading Malcolm to the Cuddle Carts!? That’s def a romantic ride...for a romantic Prom Date, but still...


Lou: They’ve sure been on that ride for a long time. I wonder what’s going on in there...


Yuna: I don’t know why I agreed to join Malcolm on the Cuddle Carts, especially after he shoved away my Promposal Sign so rudely. I ignore the chance to take our relationship to the next level because--who am I kidding?--I lost my heart years ago to a certain werewolf. Malcolm and I will always be just friends.


Lou: Arrgh, I can’t bear the thought of Yuna with Malcolm.
Oh no, not now. Yuna...Yuna! You’re…


Miiiine!


Watcher's Note:
This has to be the cheesiest, most sappy post I've ever written, but I had such a blast planning it out and playing through it. Thank you, Malcolm, for sprinting away terrified at the perfect moment!

Comments