The Ring Bear’s Quest

Saturday, Fall in Vista Hermosa (Jun 14)

Yuna: Papa Tae says to focus on our scout badges first.

Davi: But we complete aspiration goals here and there whenever they count toward badges.



Tae: Alej and I are both off today, but I still have my Work-from-Home assignment to complet: suggest using Cupid’s Corner to 5 sims. I roam Vista Hermosa, meeting new, single sims for my assignment.


With only one sim for my assignment left, I decide this vendor is fair game. Done!


Once Yuna and Davi return from their first scout meeting, we travel together to the Plaza Mariposa neighborhood where I ask the sad bear about the ring I found and it’s odd, indecipherable markings. They tell me I might find clues in the fountain, where I find markings similar to the rings on the fountain's bottom.


Alej: Meanwhile, Yuna and Davi are fishing in the nearby pond.


Tae: When I ask the Ring Bear (who seems somewhat able to read the markings) what they mean, they reply that the markings mention“a wall of some kind,” which reminds of the mural of the couple near the Luguna del Abrazo Lounge. Yes, this is it!


I won’t tell you what exactly the ring does after it’s activated. Let’s just say the Ring Bear was right at the start: it offers its wearer a kind of “romantic magic.”


Later, I seek out the Ring Bear again to share what I’d learned about his ring (he’d left before I’d activated the ring. So far, he’s been evasive about his bear appearance so, this time, I plead with him for an explanation.


Sammy Garcia aka the Ring Bear explains when and why he started dressing as a bear, even wondering if his ring had been cursed. Then he states he no longer needs to dress as a bear anymore and removes his costume.

Xica (excitedly): Green!

Tae: Sammy, this is my daughter Xica. I was holding her when I decided to come look for you, so I brought her along.


Tae: Sammy, get a grip! Xica’s only 4 years old. I’m sure she didn’t just ask you to marry her.

Anyway, you’re quite a handsome sim but, even if Xica were older, I don’t think we’re ready for an erratic son-in-law.

Xica: Why?


Tae: The last thing Alej and I do tonight is separately take Yuna and Davi volunteering. Since the kids weren’t in the same group, they each get their own chance card. Sadly, that plan backfires: Yuna loses some Manners while Davi loses some Conflict Resolution. | Foiled again by RNG!



Comments