Spooky Party!

Sat, Fall in Vista Hermosa (Jun 21)

Tae:  In the morning, Yuna and Davi enter a Bear phase at the same time. Yuna learns to ride a bike as a red bear.

Alej and I start hosting our Spooky Party right before Xica and Kenji leave for their scout meeting. Among our kids, only Yuna and Davi are party guests; we put them on “party goal duty” while we carve pumpkins. First to arrive: enchanting witch Twila and robotic Vivi. 

I cooked a Turkey Dinner and Alej prepared the rest of the spread: pumpkin stew, pumpkin pie, spooky cookies, and zombie cake.


As soon as Cebolla arrives, Davi hustles over to (re)introduce himself. You may recall that Yuna and Davi recently suffered friendship amnesia.

Alej: My father Carlos (who is never around when we need him) is ALL up in the party, interrupting as the kids try to Compliment Costumes. I send both my parents jogging, twice.

Tae: Four more guests arrive around the same time: Kristen as a fetching Princess Leia, Carly as a bewitching witch, and gentle-hearted Phillip as the terrifying Darth Maul. That gladiator is Juwon.

I swear I’ve tapped a keg before but, tonight, it takes me 4-5 tries before I succeed.

Yuna (black skeleton): I hear Cebolla is quite mischievous so, when we have to do 3 Mischief socials, I give Cebolla fake bad news and she tears me a n…let’s just say Cebolla’s pretty angry right now.

Honey (astronaut): *dancing the Rumbasim

Carly: Wow, Honey, you are really into it. You got the facial expression going and everything!

Tae: I don't want Cebolla to stay angry, so I ask her to do a keg stand with me.

Zorro (racing behind the keg): Oh, there’s my abuela Cebolla.  I hope she notices me!

Tae: Back from scouts, Xica and Kenji have already met most of my friends when they were toddlers, so they mix and mingle. Xica can't introduce herself to Kristen because of her fame, but she’s thrilled to get Kristen’s autograph.

Davi: While I (re)introduce myself to and chat with Phillip (should I refer to him as King Phillip even though I’m not a Mt. Komorebi resident?), I get a confusing popup about Commoner Favor and Noble Favor. I have no idea what that means but Phillip and I go from zero friendship to good friends after only a few socials.


Zorro: Abuelita!

Blue: Hey, just cuz my cat has a Spanish name, that don’t mean my sim Cebolla speaks Spanish.

Zorro: Oh. That’s it, then. I’m done wearing these tacos! *pouts


Tae: Due to the fairy vs spellcaster thing, Yuna and Ashley don't start out well but, as they continue to chat, Yuna gets the “Grown-Ups Are Cool” sentiment toward Ashley.

Davi: Papa Tae sure has pretty friends!  Irene’s not here tonight, but we ran into her with Wolfie this morning at Media Naranja.

Tae: Our first Spooky Party earns a gold medal! Yuna and Davi did great with party goals while Alej and I carved pumpkins. (That ninja on the far left is Wolfie–he must’ve arrived very late.)

Yuna: While cleaning up after the guests leave, Davi and I both complete our Be Useful challenge and earn the Everyone’s Little Helper reward trait.  

Tae: Wanting to unwind after a long Spooky Day holiday, Alej unsuccessfully asks to woohoo in the water, but our pool seems to be too small. Instead, we jog over to our local pond.

Alej makes me completely forget that I’m, in fact, Romantically Reserved.




Watcher’s Notes:

*MIA: Irene, Jace, and Rowan had been invited to the party but, for some reason, never arrived.

*Everyone’s Little Helper: I’m eager to see how useful this reward trait will be teen and part-time careers. Tae bought this trait last month, so maybe he'll join the part-time Handyperson career next month in Tomarang.


Comments