New Day, New Hood


Thu, Winter in Morensong (Jun 29)

Tae: It’s just past midnight when we move to our new home, a 3-bedroom rental unit in Tomarang’s Morensong neighborhood. In the map of Morengsong above, you can see the vacant rental unit where we’ll be moving. We've gone from our 50x40 lot in Ciudad Enamorada to this small place!

Once we arrive, we cheat our funds to zero, then sell off extra stuff in our personal/household inventories, ending up with around §16,000. That’s not too cheaty, is it? Then, we fill up our small backyard with pet things, garden plants, and a flower arranging table. Our display case is filled with meals for my upcoming food sale. When I’m done, we get a message that our Unit Rating has changed. What?

On the phone, I check our Tenant Agreement and note our Amenities rating changed from “Desirable” to “Luxury,” probably due to what we added to our backyard. Lol, its 158-tile size is considered Large? The other two units have 144 tiles each.Check out our low rent, though! §790/week plus utilities.

Here’s a look at the rest of the first floor. Between our unit at the top and a shared lounge area, there’s a central courtyard with stairs leading up to the other two rental units. Behind the stairs is the utilities room.
Offering various activities, the shared lounge is bordered by a small gym and toilet/shower facilities.


The patio/pool area is adjacent to the shared lounge. The kids are really loving the larger pool! Pretty sure that pool's larger than our rental unit.

It’s been ages since I held a food sales. After everyone leaves for school, I place my food stall in an empty area next to our lot, where it attracts lots of local residents and much profit.

(The next morning)
Sasuke: Sweet! I’m now friends with everyone in our household!

Alej: The guitar song I just published receives an award nomination. Maybe we’ll remember to attend the award ceremony this time.

Phillip: Hey, I had a great time with Mark Eggleston.
Tae: Yo, Darth! It's Friday. My Spooky Party was last Saturday!

Tae: Decha Trubbaya, one of ur property owners, visited our unit yesterday during my food sale so nobody was home. This morning, I phone to invite him over and he arrives in his sleepwear. Without greeting me, he heads straight for the shower that I insta-upgraded yesterday. 

Alej: Excuse me? I come home to my husband who should be alone, only to find a stranger walking out shirtless in sweats and socks!?
Decha: Is your pet wearing tacos and waving at you?
Alej: Don't change the subject! Oh, hola, Zorro! Do you know this man? Don't lie: was he visiting Tae?
Zorro: Welcome home, Papa Alej! He’s our property owner. I saw him fixing the shower.

Tae: Alej absolutely kills his first term then signs up for another four-credit term.

Tae: Thanks for coming, you two. We’re celebrating the end of Alej’s first term at uni!
Phillip: We really appreciate the invite. It’s not like we wanted to stay in our spooky costumes all week, you know?
Carly: My witch costume was cute, but Phillip’s Darth Maul made a few babies cry. So where are we?

Tae: This is Morensong’s Night Market. It's all about the food stalls, but it's a beautiful sight!
Sorry, this is such a short visit. We’d promised the kids dessert at the Night Market and thought inviting you along would get you out of your costumes.
We'll invite you for a proper outing next time!







Comments