My Unknown Sibling



Wed, Fall in Vista Hermosa (Jun 18)


Tae: This morning, I discover that I have an “Unknown Sibling” (their label in my family tree) who is also married to my Alej and has replaced my as Yuna and Davi's father. When Watcher checks, we discover that this intruder in our family tree has been around for several weeks, at least.

After several hours of unsuccessfully trying this and that, we bite the bullet: we move Yuna and Davi to a one-sim household, upload them to MyLibrary, delete them from our household, then download them back. Unfortunately, this doesn’t get rid of my Unknown Sibling, but I’m at least father to Yuna and Davi again as well as Alej's only husband. Le sigh.

Yuna: Who are you?  Am I supposed to know you?

Davi: Yeah, I’m your twin brother. Didn’t you check my profile? We got all our friendships wiped (again), but we kept our progress in skills, aspirations, grades, and character values.

Yuna: Well, that’s a huge pain to lose all our friendships Davi: Hey, now that Watcher made us good friends, wanna be my bestie (again)?


Tae: I invite their grandparents, great-grandparents, and Auntie Megumi to rebuild their fniendships with Yuna and Davi.

I remember that Yuna and Davi each befriended one of my friends for Social Butterfly. They can meet all our friends again at our Spooky Party this Saturday.


With all the relatives around, Kenji asks a couple of them to play in the kiddy pool, but no luck.


Since the “new” Yuna and Davi miss school today, we decide to take them volunteering. While waiting for Sasuke to return from his walk, Yuna and Davi start the Be an Entertainer (Formative Moment) challenge and learn to play the violin.

Kenji blows a kiss to Xica. Thankfully, my Unknown Sibling left our toddlers alone.

Yuna: Hurry up, Davi! We’re volunteering for beach clean-up first!

Davi: Then we’ll be volunteering at a nursing home, right?

Yuna: Yeah, we won’t be done until tonight, but it should be fun!


Tae: So, each volunteer chance card has a 50/50 chance of raising or lowering a character value, but Alej and I have figured out the system. When a card appears, Alex and I carefully discuss which would be the best choice. Then, once we’ve made our decision, we choose the other option. With this method, we actually bat 4 out of 4 today. *rolls eyes


At first, we’re puzzled by Davi’s Character Values, which are noticeably higher than Yuna’s, even though they are always doing the same activities. Then, we remember that Davi’s Good trait gives an Emotional Control boost, while his Self-Assured trait gives an Empathy boost. Not another glitch after all!



Watcher’s Note:

*Unknown Sibling: It drives me crazy that I can’t delete that grayed-out sim from Tae’s family tree. Their existence prevented Tae from the easy fix of simply adopting Yuna and Davi. And since the Unknown Sibling doesn’t exist anywhere except in Tae’s family tree, I can’t simply go to Manage Households to delete their household. Ugh.

Apologies that today’s post is mostly about Tae coping with his Unknown Sibling. I spent most of my gaming time yesterday on troubleshooting then repairing relationships. They'l be re-introducing themselves to the children and pets off-camera.

*Formative Moment Challenges: This new feature from Adventure Awaits certainly expands the range of gameplay for children. Tae and Alej have picked up lots of Formative Moment traits but Yuna and Davi are my first sims to actually try a challenge.



Comments