Tuesday, Spring in Everdew (May 12)
Tae: Today’s the last day of our honeymoon. I will miss our slow, peaceful mornings.
Tae: Look, Alej! I just took a pregnancy test and…
Alej: It’s positive!
Alej: I can hardly believe it! We'll be parents soon, Tae!
Alej: Are you scared, Tae? I’m always here for you, you know that. Let’s take an afternoon nap, then end our vacation early.
Tae: Going home after a nap sounds perfect. Would you come with me to the hospital for a checkup?
Cebolla: Tae! I thought you might come here today!
Tae: Why am I standing outside the hospital in a hospital gown?
Cebolla: Listen, I’m actually on family leave right now. Kristen could give birth any minute, but I wanted to tell you that, even if I’m not here, you’ll be in good hands. Ahhh, here’s your doctor now!
Doctor: Just relax, Tae. This device uses ultrasound waves to let us see inside your body.
Tae: I know I’m supposed to remove my gown but I was feeling uncomfortable sitting in my briefs while you rubbed my tummy with that thing and…
Doctor: Don't worry, it’s fine. I’m using a special device that can scan through fabric. (Lies)
Doctor: Well, well, well! It looks like congratulations are in order!
Tae: Really? Um, what should I call you here? Dr. Woods? Dr. Honey?
Honey: Honey is fine when it’s just us. Around my colleagues, Dr. Woods would be best.
Alej: You were saying, Honey? Congratulations for what?
Honey: Look carefully at this area here. What do you see?
Tae: Spots?
Honey: Congratulations, you two! You’re going to have twins. Can you see these two white shapes here? They’re growing into your babies.
Alej: But they’re so tiny! Honey: I hope you appreciate how lucky you are! You're both going to be great parents, I can tell!
Alej: You have no idea how relieved we are that you’ll be delivering our babies.
Honey: I’m thrilled to belp you two start your family. (Do I tell them I've never delivered a baby before? Nah.)
Tae: Are you here temporarily to replace Cebolla during her family leave?
Honey: Well, yes, and I had a checkup of my own today. What a coincidence that her family leave coincides with your birthing, Tae.
Tae: We're so lucky you're here! Do I need to return to the hospital tomorrow?
Honey: No. Since you’ve chosen to have a c-section, we’ll meet again in two days, when you either schedule an induced c-section or go into labor. Shall we head back to Innisgreen together?
Watcher’s Notes:
*Try for Baby in the Sky: Their aspiration panels didn’t flicker at all this time. Either my previous flickering was just a coincidence or it had been caused by Woohoo in the Sky. I’ll not be testing that!
*The ultrasound scan: Please forgive my clumsy, unrealistic attempt at medical jargon. I tried!












Comments
Post a Comment