Thursday, Spring in Everdew (May 14)
Alej: You entered your third trimester around noon. Are you planning to schedule an Early Induction like the hospital recommends?
Tae: I can’t decide. It doesn’t feel safe to give birth to our twins before they’re ready.
Alej: Would you consider scheduling one for tonight? The part about "reducing poential risks" concerns me.
Tae: I like that idea. 10 pm would be nearly halfway between the start and end of my third trimester.
Alej: Until then, why don’t you work on your Apothecary skill while I prepare a reserve of healthy meals for you?. No more pizza and spaghetti for a while!
Tae: And you’ll accompany me to the hospital tonight, won’t you?
Alej: Don’t you know by now? I’d follow you anywhere and do anything for you.
Tae: I got promoted to L10 Apothe-curist the other day without even completing my promotion requirement!
Alej: When we first met, you seemed so familiar! I finally figured out why you seem so simpatico, Cebolla.
Cebolla: And why’s that?
Alej: We have almost, but not quite, the same hairstyle.
Tae: Alej, Honey’s at home sleeping. Early Induction's definitely not in my cards. Let’s head home.
Tae: I’m too hyped to sleep, Alej.
Alej: Why don’t you read to our babies until you feel drowsy?
(The next afternoon, Tae waits for labor to start on its own before returning with Alej to the hospital) Tae: But why did the first epidural fail?
Honey: If I knew that, I wouldn’t have to give you a second one, would I? (Everyone's a doctor these days!)
Tae (whispers): Alej, did you see Honey scrub in? Isn’t she supposed to scrub in first?
Alej: I was just wondering the same thing, Tae!
Honey: Pipe down, you two. Can’t you see I’m trying to get into The Zone?
Tae: I’m scared, Alej. What if our babies aren’t…
Alej: I’m right here, Tae, and our babies--no matter how they turn out--will be perfect!
Honey: O ye of little faith, here’s your little girl! Alej: Honey, you're amazing!
Tae: Thank you so much, Honey. Alej, our babies, they're precious!
Honey: Not bad for my second day working at the hospital, amirite?
Back home
Tae: I named our daughter Yuna. It’s a Japanese girls’ name but also pronounced similarly to the Korean girls’ name Yoona.
Alej: I'd love our son Davi to become a healer, so I named him after the Amazonian shaman Davi Kopenawa.













Comments
Post a Comment