Family and Friends

 



Tuesday, Spring in Innisgreen (May 13)


Tae: Our circle of family and friends has grown too large for a single party. When we’re back from the hospital, we host a gender reveal party for our extended family: our parents, Mama Brytani’s parents, Auntie Meg’s family, and Papa Caleb. You remember how this works from Honey’s gender reveal party, right? The guests wear pink or blue glasses, reflecting their guess of our babies’ gender.

Alej: We learn too late that it’s extremely hard to see the cake colors this late at night! Tae’s first cake slice is pink. Yes, that was my guess!
Tae: The second slice is not actually blue but definitely not pink. So, we’re having girl/boy twins!


Alej: Everyone at the party wins, no matter what color glasses they chose. Our biggest cheerleader is Irene, who hired to mix drinks. She even brings along her own noisemaker! That's dedication!


Tae: What’s the deal with burglars visiting our home during parties? When I reach the living room, I find Alej there with Sasuke and get a notice that the burglar was scared off but by what? Was the burglar scared off by Alej and Sasuke or by our upgraded alarm? (Is this our first male burglar?)

Wednesday


Tae: The next afternoon, Alej throws me a baby shower and invites the six other challenge sims and their significant others. That’s 13 sims, folks! Alej makes a beeline to Cebolla and Kristen to congratulate them on the birth of Leif and Leo. Kristen wasted no time getting back her slim figure!


 Tae: After I congratulate Carly on her engagement, she asks to say hi to our babies. She's so sweet!

Alej: Phillip, thanks for coming! And congratulations to you and Carly on your engagement!

Phillip: And congratulations to you two on the upcoming birth of twins! When is Tae’s due date?

Alej: If we opt for early induction, he’ll give birth tomorrow.  And you? When's the wedding?
Phillip: You’ll have to ask Carly. In terms of wedding planning, I'm only her lowly minion.


Tae: You’re looking fabulous as usual, Lilith. Thank you for coming!

Lilith: Thank you for inviting Lex, too. He hasn’t met everyone yet.

Tae: Are you two living together in the Ruins now?

Lilith: Actually, I’ve been abducted and Lex is going crazy trying to figure out how to rescue me. But today, we’re pretending our lives have gone back to normal. *sniffle, sniffle


Tae: Look at all of us spectating as Jace gives Twila a Suave Kiss!

Alej: I really wanted to do a keg stand with Cebolla but the party ends before I could tap the keg and go ask her. 
Tae: Cebolla loves keg stands! Just ask her next time!


Watcher's Ramblings on the Child Birth mod: I realize you've all seen Pandasama's mod in action with Honey's pregnancy, but I wanted to try it out with Tae for several reasons. Feel free to skip the following about my experience with this mod.

*Non-abduction male pregnancy: After a rl day of unsuccessfuly trying to have Tae take one of the mod's pregnancy tests, I gave up and uninstalled the mod. The next day, I thought the mod might be geared toward abduction pregnancies, in which case a by-abduction pregnant male only discovers he's progancy due to tummy sparkes, never a pregnancy test. When I reinstalled the mod and continued playtesting it into the first semester, I found Tae access to the rest of the mod's birthing procedures.

*Gender reveal party for twins: I wanted to see how this party worked for twin births. When Tae clicked on the gender reveal cake to purchase it, two automatically appeared in his inventory. However, when the time came, he and Alej cut the same cake twice. Scammed? Also, doing this at night was a terrible idea.

*Early induction for multiple births: Due to the multiple births, the hospital recommends that Tae schedule an early-induction cesaerean section during his third semester, which starts sim-tomorrow morning. But will that result in pre-term babies (which is one of the mod's features)? I guess Tae should go ahead and try it, for science.



Comments