Thursday, Spring in Everdew (May 7)
Tae: I saw you flirting with Irene at Gringle’s last night and now I fear you’re going to cheat on me.
Alej: WIth Irene? You know Irene and I are good friends; we’re not even attracted to each other!. We’re getting married in two days! Why do you doubt my feelings for you now?
Tae: I dunno. I guess I’m feeling insecure because you mean so much to me. *twiddles thumbs
Alej: We both work from home today so we can meet my parents at the airport this afternoon. I have a work-from-home assignment on the computer, so I check our Bills Info. Yeah, I ccan use my laptop for an hour. Connecting our Lightning Root Plants to our power grid is really helping!
Alej: Hurry up, Tae! My parents are flying into the SimTercontinental Airport, so your family’s meeting us at your grandparents’ place and we’ll travel there together.
Helena: I still can’t believe we’re on our way to attend our son's wedding! I can’t wait to meet his fiance Tae.
(Plane cabin interior pics: “airplane” created by Hedesiacrea)
Carlos: Apparently, our plane tickets were a wedding gift from Tae’s parents, Jun and Brytani. Otherwise, we'd never have managed to arrive here in time.
Helena: Oh that’s right. The father is a world-famous pothead, right?
Carlo: No, no, he’s a potter, a globally-acclaimed ceramic artist and his wife’s a celebrity comedian.
Helena: Do you think it’s okay that we’re showing up in our usual clothes? Should we have made more of an effort to dress up, to make a good first impression?
Carlos: We raised Alej to always be true to himself. You and I live that way, too. If Tae’s family cares for our boy enough to fly us here, I’m sure they’re good people. We're not rich or famous, but we’re honest and hard-working. Just relax and be yourself, Helena.
Alej: Mama Brytani, I never knew you owned a stretch limo! Do you think, one day, Tae and I could…
Tae: Alej, don’t even think about it!
(“SimTercontnetnal Airport” created by amitaliri)
Alej: My parents are entering the terminal now. Let’s wait here in the baggage claim area.
Helena: Carlos, I really want to get along with Tae and his family. I’m not going back until I hold our first grandchild!
Carlos (laughs): Hold on there, Helena. Let Alej and Tae get married first!
Alej: Papa and Mama, this is Tae, the first and last love of my life.
Tae: I’m so glad you’re here! Because now I can ask you: Mr. Navarro, would you please give your blessing for our marriage?
Carlos: Absolutely. Welcome to the family. son!
Tae (to himself): Meanwhile, Mama Brytani incites cheers and sister Chiyo shamelessly gazes at Alej.
Brytani: It’s such a pleasure to meet you, Helena! Welcome to our part of the world!
Helena: I can’t thank you and your family enough for helping us attend our son’s wedding!
Brytani: Would you help me set up the wedding venue tomorrow? I could pick you up around 1 pm.
Also Brytani (whispers): Don’t think I didn’t see you and Carlos exchange Attracted magnets with Tae. So here’s the deal: you two will stay away from my boy until he exchanges vows with Alej and becomes your son-in-law.
Helena (nods): Yes, of course. I’d love to help out. See you tomorrow afternoon!
*Living off-the-grid: I've never had sims gain such a large power surplus before. Tae & Alej only have four solar panels so their two Lightning Root Plants are really pulling their weight. Yes, Sass and Zorro have auto-feeders now, lol.












Comments
Post a Comment